General Information & Disclaimers
(this section will be updated as needed)
- If your design requires bleed香蕉视频在线精品视频, please make sure that there is at least a 0.125” area for the bleed. So if your finished piece is 5” x 7”, you must supply a design that is 5.25” x 7.25”.
- Having someone design your artwork for the print method is the best way to go about it. All too often we are supplied with a design that is full color and someone wants letterpress. These two notions generally do not go together (cheaply). So knowing what print method you would like before香蕉视频在线精品视频 you design is the best way to go.
- Mixing print methods香蕉视频在线精品视频 (such as screen printing and letterpress) can be very difficult, but also very rewarding in the final product. If you are looking to get something like this done, please contact me and I will let you know the pitfalls and steps to get it done.
- Screen printing is one of the best ways to print white ink on black or dark papers. The white ink looks pretty opaque but on occasion I might need to do a double pass to get the brightest color possible. If you require a super bright white ink, please let me know before hand, as this might cost more depending on the substrate.
- At any point if you are unsure of what you need to do, just send over what you are working on and I will let you know what's up. If it's something super easy for me to fix I will go ahead and do it. If any graphic design is more involved, I will tell you what needs to be done (on your end if you choose to do so) and let you know how much it will cost for me to fix it for you.
- Turn Around Time: The average turn around time is 10 - 15 business days. (This is at the bottom of all my emails.) Some orders, such as digital, take less time. If you need your order guaranteed or a certain date you have to let me know up front. Turn around times are not guaranteed unless previously discussed. Not all turn around times are realistic, so I will do my best to let you know what's possible and what's not. Part of the trade off of offering lots of different print options is that it takes more time to switch gears and get all the orders flowing smoothly together. Once you add in finishing options, like edging, drilling, mounting, etc., please expect to add a few more days that usual to the typical turn around. I will still try to get it out within 10 - 15 or sooner, but once again, I can't guarantee anything unless we previously discussed it. Shipping times in transit vary based on your location, so please get in touch if you need more info. I’m not responsible for delays in shipments once the package is out the door and in the hands of the carrier.
- Studio Visits/Consultations: 香蕉视频在线精品视频Due to the nature of print production, we have to limit the availability of studio visits/consultations. Visits/Consultations will be charged a $25 consultation fee*. You must have a minimum budget of $300 for any visit/consultation. *The $25 fee will be applied (credited) to your order, as long as you place your order within 30 calendar days of the consultation and meet the minimum $300 budget. Likewise, you MUST be on time for your visit. Any no calls, no shows, over 30 minutes late, etc. will not be refunded. To reschedule your appointment, please give me at least 12 hours notice. Available times are typically 8am to 12pm Monday through Thursday. We will try to accommodate an appointment for another time, but it might not be possible due to my busy production schedule.
I don't like to bog people down with a lot of fine type terms and conditions so I will try to keep this short and sweet and hit on the main points that tend to come up every now and then.
Color matching is not guaranteed. It’s sometimes very difficult when working with different pantones or even different brands of paper. By default, I will get the color as close as possible to your PMS. I regularly work out of the Pantone Solid Uncoated book. If you have a very specific color ink, please let me know up front. Subsequent re-orders are not guaranteed to have the same exact color match due to the fact that I constantly have to mix new inks or I sometimes can only custom mix enough ink for the single order. You are also welcome to send me a print out in the mail to help with color matching, though, this is not necessary unless you are a stickler for a precise color. All full color digital jobs are printed in CMYK, however, you view colors on your screen in RGB. Therefore you can not accurately compare colors on screen to colors in print. Likewise, factors such as different types of printers, different types of paper, how your particular program creates colors, and humidity all add to creating your digital output. Because this, it is also possible that subsequent re-order might come out slightly different than the rest. This is the nature of digital printing. If I am asked to match a re-order we will try to match the colors as closely as possible.
Screen Printing has the most unknown variables when printing. When using metallic inks, please keep your lines as thick as possible. I will give you advice on what areas might need to be worked on more than others, but it's highly possible I do not catch all areas of a busy design. I am not responsible for the content of your files. I do not spell check or look over every detail of your artwork. I will critique all Screen Printing jobs to the best of my ability. If areas are too thin to print or guarantee lines (like serif fonts and hairlines), I will do my best to let you know what can be done to make it work. During the print production it's possible fine serifs and lines will start to disappear. You should expect slight variations throughout your entire run. Legibility is the main focus香蕉视频在线精品视频. If the cross bar of your lowercase "t" starts to disappear, but you can still obviously read the word without the cross bar, then I'm good to keep printing. However, if the majority of a letter is disappearing, then I will hopefully catch it and stop. Please keep all fonts as thick as possible. Some serif fonts are just terrible for the Screen Printing method. In layman’s terms, I generally say that as long as your font is similar in thickness to 8pt Arial for regular ink and 12pt. Arial for metallic or glow in the dark, then you should be good.
I typically do not run proofs香蕉视频在线精品视频. There is a lot of set up involved to get you just one print and I can't hold up the presses. If a proof is absolutely required, please get in touch and I will let you know what's possible.
Digital printing leaves a glossy finish on the area where it's printed unlike inkjet. Coated papers enhance this glossy finish of the digital print process while uncoated papers tend to soak in the ink a bit more sometimes leaving a patched look. Because of this, if possible, I already recommend photographs be printed on coated stocks.
Each print and finishing process has it's own standard deviation of error. Cutting, mounting, and printing can all vary in registration from one another. I do my best to keep these in check, but I'm working with antique equipment at times, printing on multiple machines with different types of grippers, and some print methods are a done by a hand laid processes. There are many other factors that I have to navigate so I will do my best to keep everything within reason and standard industry deviance. It is your responsibility to acknowledge these factors.